Monday 6 February 2012

Research and planning:Initial idea for my music magazine


My initial idea for a magazine is a dance music magazine. I would include reviews, information on clubs, artists and a chart on the best dance music for that month. The advertisement would include CD’s such as ministry of sound and alcohol such as Sourz, pina coladas and other spirits. My target audience is both men and women who like dance music and going to clubs. The age range is 18-25 and they would generally have a part time job, which leaves time to go out to clubs. The style of the magazine would be bright and playful to resemble a club. Dance music is upbeat so the style of the magazine would need to be just that. Artists in this sub genre include Eric Prydz, Kid Cudi and Basshunter and other mainstream dance music artists. I have been influenced to choose this sub genre because the magazines I have analysed have mainly been for a young audience which I think is more interesting and I understand what young people like. Also I think I would enjoy creating this type of magazine because it relates to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment